As I do every year at this time, I take a moment to sit down and reflect on what has happened in my life. When I look back specifically on 2011 and where I was this time last year, what I was doing and now, in hindsight, being aware of what was about to unfold at the time, all I can saw is “Wow, what a year!”
So much has happened in these last 12 months and whilst it’s been one incredible journey professionally and personally, the one thing that has remained constant throughout has been my beautiful family and an amazing and trusted network of friends and supporters.
But what has been incredible is the people that have come in to my life this year – they were actually always there I just never had the time previously to connect in. I now feel more connected than ever before. I have found my ‘tribe’ of amazing, inspiring, talented and empowered women. The conversations, the business being generated and more importantly the positive energy of success and change that is being created amongst these women is something quite amazing to be part of.
So what have the key learnings for me this year;
- Trust in the process
- You are ultimately in control of your own decisions, interpretation of events and the actions you take
- Competition is good – but don’t waste energy on worrying too much about it
- Keep the end goal and purpose in mind at all times
- Develop personal mantras that will keep you on track
- Accept help and do not be afraid to ask for it
- Everything and anything is possible if you put your mind to it
- If you are allowed to dream, those dreams do come true
- There are more people than your would ever know that care about you – your well being and your success
- Take time to sit, enjoy the moment and recognize your achievements along the way
I am excited about 2012 – it is going to be another year of change and growth and I am ready to take the baton and run. I am still dreaming. I have more ideas than ever before and I am so glad I strapped on my wings and took that jump to fly.
Thank you to everyone for your incredible support. Thank you to each of you individually (and you know who you are) for your guidance, inspiration, collaboration, belief and most importantly friendship.
2012 – Bring it on!